This is a follow-up to a post where I mentioned I was creating a list of 100 things I’ve always wanted to do. I am trying to come up with 100, so I’ve been adding more as I think of them, but for now it’s at 79.
Read the list, let me know what you think, and tell me what ones are your favourite ones. I’ll scratch them off as I do them and add more until I get to 100.
1. Watch an NHL playoffs finals live
2. Go to a Raptors game
3. See a baseball game at Fenway Park
4. Write a book
5. Visit Australia
6. Get my weight back to 180 pounds
7. Run for city council
8. Have a professional wrestling match
10. Play in a poker tournament in Vegas
12. Get Earl Emerson’s autograph
13. Watch the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania live (this is half done, as I’ve seen Wrestlemania already)
15. See Buddy Wasisname in concert
16. Bring Vanessa to Labrador City
17. Create a scholarship in my name
18. Win a journalism award
19. Attend a Habs playoff game
21. Play Great Balls of Fire on the piano
22. Go rock climbing
23. Be in the Guiness Book of Records
24. Lift the Stanley Cup
25. Meet one of the cast of Buffy, Angel or Lost
26. Go on a cruise
27. Visit the Statue of Liberty
28. Sleep on a waterbed
29. Have a bad movie marathon
30. Make a geyser with Mentos and Diet Coke
31. Go to an auction
32. Read the Bible
33. Visit the Alamo
34. Tell Sandra Oh she looks like my wife
35. Learn to dance
36. Finish my university degree
37. Visit Hawaii
38. Learn to drive a manual car
39. Get 1,000 different NHL autographs
40. Donate blood
41. Learn to stop on ice skates
42. Get a dog and name it kitty
43. See an NHL game in 6 Canadian cities (already been to one in Montreal and Ottawa, so 4 left to go)
44. Complete a first aid course
45. Read every Harry Potter book (I haven’t read any yet)
46. Hit a home run (I’ve hit plenty of inside the park home runs, but never one over the fence)
48. Throw out the ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game
49. Research my family tree
50. Watch the Superbowl live.
51. Be on a game show
52. Read the Guns of Normandy and the two followup books
54. Go to the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival.
55. Get a six-pack of abs.
56. Own a jersey from every NHL team (and maybe a few defunct teams).
57. Learn to play a musical instrument.
58. Ride a mechanical bull.
59. Own a Star Trek uniform
60. Milk a cow.
61. Create a new word and have it used somewhere else or get it into the dictionary.
62. Own a Stanley Cup ring.
63. Own a really nice camera.
64. Learn to spin a basketball on my finger for at least 10 seconds.
65. Learn to whistle
66. Learn to do the worm.
68. Have a Wikipedia page about me.
69. Learn to throw a boomerang.
70. Go for a ride in a helicopter.
71. Watch a live version of Annie (on Broadway would be great).
72. Join a book club.
73. Get mentioned in a Bill Simmons column or chat.
74. Catch a callaghan (an ultimate Frisbee point).
76. Watch a drive-in movie.
77. Own all the Encyclopedia Brown and Three Investigator (hardcover) books.
78. Learn archery.
79. Donate 1 million grains of rice on freerice.com