There’s a lot of reasons to hate the Boston Bruins.
Almost every game gives us new reasons to hate the team. And their latest run to the finals was no different.
That being said, here are 100 reasons for you to hate the Bruins.
1. The 2011 Stanley Cup.
2. Cam Neely being in the Hall of Fame, despite not deserving it.
3. Cam Neely and Peter Chiarelli getting more screen time in the playoffs than Ron MacLean.
4. They have a winning percentage of above .500 for 33 of 37 NHL teams they’ve ever faced.
5. The only reason the Bruins beat the Habs in 94 was because Patrick Roy had appendicitis.
6. You like the fact Michael Ryder won a Cup, but hate it was with Boston.
7. P.J. Stock on Hockey Night in Canada.
8. You feel guilty about cheering for Happy Gilmour while he’s wearing a Bruins jersey.
9. Once drafted Shaone Morrisonn, whose name was misspelled more than any other NHL player in history.
10. Bruins fans thinking the comeback against the Leafs in the first round was the greatest comeback ever.
11. This song:
12. Homer announcer Jack Edwards.
13. Once had Mike Milbury as a coach.
14. Once had Don Cherry as a coach.
15. Bruins fans think the Boston Garden was better than it was.
16. Raymond Bourque. Hated that he was so good.
17. Thinking Bobby Orr was better than Wayne Gretzky.
18. Eddie Shore.
19. The Bruins four-game sweep of the Habs in 2009.
20. Owner Jeremy Jacobs.
21. Andrew Ferrence flipping off the fans.
22. This rally towel suit.
23. The 1972 Stanley Cup.
24. Nathan Horton for scoring the OT goal in Game 7 against the Habs in the first round in 2011. (He also scored the OT winner in Game 5. The bum.)
25. Forgetting to pay their power bill and having a blackout during the 1988 finals.
26. David Krejci once complaining about the ice after a loss to Montreal.
27. Mike Milbury hitting a guy with a shoe.
28. Jaromir Jagr and his playoff beard look wrong in a Bruins uniform (especially the beard).
29. Chris Nilan was cool until he became a Bruin.
30. The three straight years in the early 90s they eliminated the Habs from the playoffs.
31. The Neely for Pederson trade.
32. This Kyle McLaren hit on Richard Zednik.
33. Having a bunch of hall of famers (Paul Coffey, Brian Leetch, Guy Lapointe, etc.) finish their career in Boston.
34. Giving up nothing for Phil Esposito.
35. Fog games at the Boston Gardens.
36. Milan Lucic.
37. Terry O’Reilly in the Hall of Fame.
38. They raised a banner for finishing first in the East.
39. Eddie Lebec never actually played a game for the Bruins.
40. The 1970 Stanley Cup.
41. Tyler Seguin isn’t that good a player, no matter what Bruins fans say.
42. Causing Rocket Richard to be suspended.
43. Their ugly third jersey.
44. Bruins getting preferential treatment because of Colin Campbell’s son, Gregory, playing on the team.
45. Terry O’Reilly going into the stands to fight someone.
46. Marchand’s low blow hit on Sami Salo.
47. Marchand’s low blow hit on Alexei Emelin
48. The finger wagging in the 2011 playoffs after Claude Julien said his team would never do such a thing.
49. Their embellishing.
50. Claude Julien says his team would never embellish.
51. CBC hiring too many former Bruins.
52. Anthem singer Rene Rancourt.
53. Trading for Tuuka Rask.
54. Bruins fans tweeting racist things when Joel Ward scored an overtime playoff goal against them.
55. Thinking the Kessel deal was the biggest one-sided deal in NHL history (Note: not even close).
56. The 1941 Stanley Cup.
57. Phil Esposito. No reason, but I figure the greatest Bruins scorer in their history deserves to be mentioned.
58. Tim Thomas not going to the White House.
59. Derek Sanderson when he used to call Bruins games.
60. The Big Z is a stupid nickname.
61. Marchand diving.
63. They don’t have any great nicknames for their players.
64. Having Brad Marchand as a player.
65. This Zdeno Chara hit on Max Pacioretty.
66. Chara not being suspended for that hit.
67. Dr. Mark Recchi saying MaxPac was faking his concussion.
68. Milan Lucic running away from Georges Laraque.
69. The 1939 Stanley Cup.
70. Ben Affleck is a fan, but admits to being a bandwagon jumper.
71. Dane Cook is a fan.
72. So is Mark McGrath.
73. Pushing Leafs fans down stairs.
74. The whining about the too many men on the ice call.
75. This song:
76. Brad Marchand punching a Sedin numerous times with no penalty. (I don’t mind the fact he kept hitting Sedin, just that he didn’t get a penalty).
77. Being happy Ray Bourque won a Cup with another team.
78. One Ranker.com guy has Zdeno Chara as the greatest Bruin of all-time.
79. Bruins fans are sore losers.
80. Once naming Jason Allison as captain.
81. Ric Flair’s wooooo after every goal, even though he has nothing to do with Boston.
82. Ken “The Rat” Linesman
83. Jack Edwards once comparing Matt Cooke to Sirhan Sirhan.
84. Andy Moog.
85. I just know I’m going to hate Torey Krug within a few years. I can feel it.
86. The 1929 Stanley Cup.
87. Thinking they’re a great all-time team even though they’ve won six Stanley Cups in 90 years.
88. Glen Murray as a Bruin. I just never liked the guy.
89. Bill Simmons will only write about hockey when the Bruins are involved in the Cup finals.
90. Milan Lucic’s hit on Ryan Miller
91. Never played Pascal Pelletier (from my hometown) more than six games.
92. Bruins goalies being sore losers when they lose in a shootout.
93. This Bobby Orr goal was not that great. He scored before he was tripped.
94. This photo is also overblown.
95. The year Milbury chose a bunch of undeserving Bruins for the all-star game.
96. By eliminating the Leafs in the first round this year, we got to see less of April Reimer and Elisha Cuthbert.
97. Spoiled the Subban name by drafting Malcolm Subban last year.
98. Shutting off the hot water for visiting teams in the old Boston Gardens.
99. Bruins fans in general.
100. They’re the Bruins.