So AskMen.com released their list of top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2009.
According to this Yahoo article:
“James Bassil, editor-in-chief of AskMen.com, said the list was a “pulse-check” of the women that readers were not only following but also perceived as more than just a pretty face.
“Obviously good looks are one quality but intelligence, ambition and humor also count,” Bassil told Reuters.
“There are women in their mid to late 30s on this list who may be old by industry standards but you see more mature women on this list. The younger women getting a lot of play on gossip sites haven’t had the time to accumulate the achievements that a lot of these women have.”
Some thoughts on some of the top 99, plus the top 10 in reverse order.
97. Tina Fey: I really thought she would be higher, after all the media attention of her spoofing Sarah Palin and her Emmys and Golden Globe awards.
90. Britney Spears: How the mighty have fallen. Remember a few years ago when people like Britney used to dominate this list?
72. Yunjin Kim: My favourite character from Lost. I’m glad she made this list.
70. Jessica Simpson: Not sure how she made it on the list, because I don’t know anything she’s done since Dukes of Hazard.
55. Maria Menounos: I have to blog about her annoying hair commercial one of these days.
52. Christina Hendricks: I included her because she was on the TV show Firefly. She now stars in Mad Men.
50. Beyonce: How does someone usually recognized as so hot end up so low on the list.
45. Eva Longoria: I’ve never seen the appeal of her.
42. Angelina Jolie: Again, I’ve never really seen the appeal of her. Can someone explain it to me? Was it when she made out with her brother? Or when she carried a vial of blood around her neck?
41. Hayden Panettiere: From Heroes, and probably the youngest one on the list.
36. Summer Glau: Her character in Firefly and Serenity was awesome, but I think she’s on the list for her role in the Terminator television series.
35. Christina Aguilera: A combination of my Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson comments.
31. Isla Fisher: Should be higher, but she almost makes me want to Confessions of a Shopaholic.
22. Evangeline Lilly: Isn’t it funny how she’s one of the top most desirable women in the world, but couldn’t make the list for the Gemini Award of hottest Canadian actress?
16. Jessica Biel: Appearing nude in a film this year, which is why she’s probably on this list.
15. Jessica Alba: There’s always the debate: Which Jessica is hotter? So it’s probably appropriate the two of them are side by side on the list.
12. Emmanuelle Chriqui: The highest rated Canadian on the list.
10. Kate Beckinsale: She’s been in a lot of stuff, but I couldn’t think of one memorable role she’s had.
9. Kristen Bell: I love almost every thing she does (Heroes, Forgetting Sarah Marshall), she’s a huge hockey fan, but is a vegetarian.
8. Rihanna: I’m sorry, but it has to be said: Umbrella is the worst song of the past five years.
7. Scarlett Johansson: Again, no idea of the appeal of her.
6. Alessandra Ambrosio: Yeah, I’ve never heard of her either.
5. Anne Hathaway: She’s been getting a lot of attention lately, and deservedly so. If she’s in a movie, I want to watch it because odds are, it will be a good movie.
4. Keeley Hazell: A former Page 3 model in the Sun in Britain, but I am surprised she is so high on the list.
3. Marisa Miller: A model, famous for being on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
2. Megan Fox: From the movie Transformers. And that’s all I know. But it sparked a debate after the movie between me, my wife and our couple friends of her age.
1. Eva Mendes: Very surprised by the number one selection. I haven’t seen any of work her since Hitch in 2003, but she must be doing something good if she’s number one.